Home → Play Responsibly
Keep it Fun. Play Responsibly.
For most Mainers, playing lottery games is a fun and exciting source of entertainment. The Maine State Lottery encourages you to Keep it Fun, but Play Responsibly.
Do you think you have a gambling problem?
Please consider these questions regarding your gambling habits. If you answer "yes" to any one of these questions, you may have a gambling problem. Studies indicate that if you answer seven (7) questions, "yes", you likely have a gambling problem.
- Have you ever lost time from work due to gambling?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Have you ever promised yourself you'd quit gambling after your next big win?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- Have you gambled to get money with which to pay debts or solve other financial problems?
- After losing, have you felt you must return as soon as possible to win back your losses?
- After winning, have you felt a strong urge to return to win more?
- Have you often gambled until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Have you borrowed money to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Has gambling ever made you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to get money to gamble?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever thought of self destruction as a way out of your gambling problem?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" to pay for normal expenditures?
If you think you have a gambling problem, you should seek professional help. Below are links to resources that might be useful to you.